Over the past several years, there has been an increased demand for MR Safety due significant events and Joint Commission standards calling for strict guidelines and oversight while in the MR suite. Due to these events, the ACR has created a guidance document called MR Safe Practices that states all facilities are to name a MR Safety Director and/or MR Safety Officer to oversee the decisions pertaining to MR Safety, leading to an increased demand in MR Safety Officer job opportunities.
The Magnetic Resonance Safety Officer (MRSO) course has been created to help our students excel in the field of Magnetic Resonance Imaging as a MR Safety Officer and/or MR Safety Director. The course content has been structured to serve as a test preparation for those individuals who choose to sit for the American Board of Magnetic Resonance Safety Exam (ABMRS) examination. The information presented in this tool will also help build your confidence and promote better practices in the field. This course has been approved by the ASRT for 14 category "A" continuing education credits.
How it Works?
- Our blended learning environment allows students to complete the online modules at their own pace and convenience.
- On scheduled Monday evenings from 7:30pm-8:30pm (CST), students can log into a LIVE Q & A session with our MRSO expert. During this session the MRSO expert will discuss the modules and go over all questions & answers our students may have.
- Each topic represents a component of MR safety that is required to have a full scope of knowledge. Topics include the static magnetic field, gradient magnetic field, RF field, and much more.
- Each one of these topics contain bite size lessons that explain pieces of this topic including the thermoregulatory system, burn management, bio-effects of the gradient fields, etc..
- Each lesson contains an interactive session that contains drag and drop activities, click on informational content, visual animation, and much more.
- Each module contains both an interactive lesson and post-test.
- Students must achieve a post test score of 75% to receive credit for the module.
- Upon completion of all modules, students will have access to 5 mock board examinations.
- Upon completion of the program, students will receive a certificate of completion for 14 ASRT approved category “A” credits
- As a member, you have access to an archive of audio and video lectures for 12 months